Skin Diving Instructor (SDI)
Want to begin working as a professional in the field, organizing your own courses, issuing certifications and conducting open water skin dives? NAUI Skin Diving Instructor training will enable you to join NAUI as a leadership member and independently conduct skin diving training. Because of the growing popularity of snorkeling and skin diving, this may gain you substantial financial rewards. You can also team-teach with a NAUI Instructor, offering the skin diving portion of the Scuba Diver Course.
This is a leadership level certification course designed to train and qualify persons and issue certifications in skin (breath-hold) diving.
The course will make available to individuals; schools, camps, or similar groups NAUI Leaders who can effectively teach people to enjoy skin diving with minimal risk.
Qualifications of Graduates
- An active-status NAUI Skin Diving Instructor may independently teach the NAUI Skin Diving Course and designated specialty courses as skin diving courses and authorize NAUI to issue certifications for these.
- An active-status NAUI Skin Diving Instructor may, while being overseen by an active-status NAUI Instructor, perform as an assistant during NAUI scuba diving courses. If certified as a scuba diver, this may include scuba training activities.
- An active-status Skin Diving Instructor may independently perform the swimming skills evaluation and teach the Skin Diving portions of the NAUI Scuba Diver Course.
Prerequisites for Entering the Course
- General - Meet the requirements applying to all leadership courses. (See “Policies Applying to Leadership Courses.”)
- Materials – Contact the NAUI Training Department for current requirements.
- Diver Certification - Certified skin or scuba diver by a NAUI recognized agency with a minimum of 25 logged skin dives. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth and activities.